PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Last Minute Gift Idea: Pretty Packaged Christmas Candy

 Anyone else scrambling to get it all done? 
 Yeah. Me, too.
 I thought these fun and pretty packaged Christmas Candies might help some of you... I made them this morning. They are seriously an easy and fast last minute gift. I saw the packaging idea here via Pinterest. It's just a little piece of scrapbook paper folded over a ziplock bag, stapled on either side and embellished with bows. Quick and easy. And the best part is, if you're like me and hoard craft supplies out the wazoo, you already have all that stuff. 
 I got the recipe for the Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark at Hersheys.com. The one on the right is from the actual recipe except it's milk chocolate, not dark chocolate. I made a batch with dark chocolate, too, though, and I think I like it better. The one on the right is actually a bag of Ande's Mint Baking Chips (found at Walmart) melted and topped with crushed peppermint as well. I made it the same way as the Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark. It is crazy easy to make. Which is why I chose it. :)
 So pretty and festive.
 I made the first batch of these for coworkers and actually put them in some sweet holiday tins I found at JoAnn's for 60% off. 
 I thought I'd go ahead and make a couple more batches and fix them up nice for those unexpected gifts you always need. You know those kinds of people...a neighbor that pops over unexpectedly with something yummy for you and your family, a coworker who you didn't realize you were that close to gives you a little something, etc. You can make up several of these and hold on to them for the unexpected gift giving. And if you don't end up needing them, attach them to a gift you're already giving or eat them yourself! Believe me, you'll want to! 
Here are some of the other last minute gifts I'm attempting to make today and tomorrow...
I've just made 3 or 4 of these sweet ruffly scarves. These are not the kind that keep you super warm, but will look oh so cute and stylish. 

I'm hoping to add some fabric flower pins to them, too, using the flowers I made here, here, and here, maybe. 

And I'm hoping to squeeze in time to make another couple of these (I already made one for Mr. Lovie-and he is already using it!). 

And hopefully this sweet casserole carrier. Wish me luck!!
Thanks for reading.
Linking this post to the parties on my sidebar!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley @ A {Blonde's} DIY Life said...

Your Christmas Candy looks super yummy!! I would love it if you linked this up to my party!
http://ablondesdiylife.blogspot.com/2011/12/come-party-with-blonde-some-features.html

Mobile app development company said...

Great post. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. Android app development company in Pune is invaluable for businesses and individuals looking to harness the vast Android user base and launch custom apps on this platform, making their ideas accessible to a wide audience. Whether it's for startups or established enterprises, these companies play a pivotal role in turning Android app concepts into tangible, high-quality products.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad